We work with stakeholders, members and government to support growth for our communities, improve compliance by those managing and using parking facilities, and encourage fairness to achieve our vision of excellence in parking for all. We are committed to promoting innovation, technology and sustainability, and will drive up standards to continue to make parking a recognised profession.
Our achievements over the last 12 months:
- Held over 40 meetings for members to get the latest insight into the parking profession, network with like-minded colleagues and stakeholders
- Continually represented the views of members in local and national media and responded to over 25 government consultations
- Delivered four highly influential Parking Forum events to engage government and stakeholders in discussions on parking and transport matters
- Facilitated a proper debate about the management of parking on private land, at the Parking Summit, with more than 80 delegates representing consumer groups, governments, local authorities, private parking companies and adjudication services, plus a whole host of other interested stakeholders representing landowners, operators and motorists.
- Delivered Parkex 2016 providing a more connected conversation about the future of parking and traffic management. We are committed to the continual development of our flagship show, introducing new features for the benefit of visitors and exhibitors each year.
- Established the BPA Lawlineproviding all of our members with access to advice from a market leading law firm who are familiar with the challenges faced by the parking profession
- Entered into a partnership working arrangement to administer, manage and market the Disabled Parking Accreditation on behalf of Disabled Motoring UK
- Funded 4 vital pieces of research into parking that will help transform services for motorists.
- Established the Safer Bus Station Scheme, which follows the same principles as the Safer Parking Scheme, but works to improve security of bus stations, bus interchanges and coach stations
- Launched our report into the future of parking: Parking 20:20 Report, exploring how the profession can become active rather than passive in an era driven by rapid technological developments.
- Raised the profile of parking with 15 press releases/statements issued by us, 118 radio appearances, and 3 TV appearances