Chair: Rod Williamson, City of Lincoln Council (newly appointed as of Oct 2012)
LASIG focuses on Local Government issues concerning both private and public parking and membership of this group is exclusively for BPA public sector members. The group meets at least 3 times per annum and is currently developing its work plan for the next year and beyond.
The broad aims of the group are to provide information, support and networking opportunities for the BPAs Local Authority members and to form a strong body which is recognised as the voice of Local Authority parking by government bodies and external stakeholders.
The list of topics the group are aiming to address over the coming years is a long and varied one and includes: -
- Ongoing collaborative working with government
- Working with external organisations and individuals to raise standards and improve the image of parking
- Ongoing work on TMA issues
- Disabled parking and blue badge reform
- Benchmarking, lines and signs review, park and ride,
- Procurement of services and equipment
- Working with DVLA on information release and foreign registered vehicles
- Asset management and residents parking
BPA members can obtain further details about forthcoming meetings by logging into the members' area and viewing the calendar and events pages. If you are not a BPA member and would like further information about special interest groups and membership please contact Bianca Molloy.