With thanks to our LASIG sponsors:
www.kelticclothing.co.uk Making, mapping and reviewing Traffic Orders
Interested in sponsoring a SIG? Find out more here.
Chair: Rod Williamson, City of Lincoln Council (newly appointed as of Oct 2012)
BPA special interest group meetings are a great opportunity to:
- Network with like minded colleagues
- Learn from practical case studies and other parking experts
- Meetings make a valuable contribution to your CPD record
- Keep up to date with news and updates from the sector
- Share your valuable experience
For the next LASIG meeting, please check the BPA SIG event listings.
A previous meeting took place with our Bailiff and Enforcement special interest group on the 4th April 2012.
Please check this page or our special interest groups event page for information on upcoming events.
LASIG focuses on Local Government issues concerning both private and public parking and membership of this group is exclusively for BPA public sector members. The group meets at least 3 times per annum and is currently developing its work plan for the next year and beyond.
The broad aims of the group are to provide information, support and networking opportunities for the BPAs Local Authority members and to form a strong body which is recognised as the voice of Local Authority parking by government bodies and external stakeholders.
The list of topics the group are aiming to address over the coming years is a long and varied one and includes: -
- Ongoing collaborative working with government
- Working with external organisations and individuals to raise standards and improve the image of parking
- Ongoing work on TMA issues
- Disabled parking and blue badge reform
- Benchmarking, lines and signs review, park and ride,
- Procurement of services and equipment
- Working with DVLA on information release and foreign registered vehicles
- Asset management and residents parking
For further details, please contact Alison Tooze