Click here to view current vacancies at the BPA.
Specialist Officer (Parking Services)
Legal, Democratic & Regulatory Services
£34,430 - £38,056 p.a. inc.
12 month fixed-term contract
This is a key post within our Environmental Compliance Team (Parking Services) dealing with specialist traffic development -policy and consultation. You will regularly meet local councillors, residents, third party organisations and businesses to discuss parking concerns, identify solutions and develop and produce Road Traffic Orders in line with the TMA.
You need to be a resilient and effective communicator, able to maintain calm in pressurised situations. The ability to analyse and interpret complex situations and devise effective solutions is essential, as is current knowledge of the Traffic Management Act 2004, parking standards and policies. A current driving licence and a vehicle insured for business use are required. Ref: LDR.C8.
Benefits include generous leave, pension scheme, home working/flexible working and other benefits.
This post is Politically Restricted and subject to a Basic Disclosure check.
For full details, visit www.futurestalbans.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (01727) 819287, stating your details and the relevant post reference number.
Regretfully CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 4th May 2015.
Parking Operations Manager
£34,746-£38,405 per annum, dependent on experience plus Essential Car User Allowance
Horsham, West Sussex
We are seeking a meticulous and proactive leader with sound knowledge of parking management contracts, including CEO Patrolling and PCN processing, to join us as Parking Operations Manager here in Horsham. You will manage the council's car park enforcement operations across the district, overseeing day-to-day operations and improving business performance.
This is an exciting time to join us as we are radically changing the way we operate so we can continue to deliver our corporate priorities and improve service to customers. We are committed to serving the interests of our residents and businesses and are determined to ensure we can continue to be a successful and high performing council.
As Parking Operations Manager, you’ll report to the Parking Services Manager and be responsible for (with some weekend work) managing a large team with some promoting the continuous improvement and development of the parking enforcement operations department, whilst maximising use of our resources and delivering service objectives. In addition, you will:
- Oversee the on-street and off-street parking enforcement performance, including management of the Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) and Street Scene Wardens
- Project manage the selection, procurement and introduction of products or services that help to improve the service
- Assume delegated management responsibility of the parking operations department budget, liaising with the Parking Services Manager and Finance to set the annual budget
- Manage the day to day running of multi-storey and ground level car parks to ensure they remain safe and attractive to customers
- Ensure parking penalty enforcement is conducted efficiently and appropriately.
A proven specialist in parking management you will need experience of working with the public, prolific and engaged in current IT, project management, budgeting and supervisory expertise. You must also have strong customer service skills, experience of working in a public environment, and:
- Car parking and parking enforcement experience at management/supervisory level
- A degree or be studying towards a relevant Parking Management qualification relating to TMA 2004
- A relevant management/leadership qualification and people management experience
- Some associated procurement and project management knowledge
- A Class B Driving Licence
Horsham is located in West Sussex and is consistently ranked in the top ten places to live in the UK. The desirability of the district and maintaining its status as a quality place to live, work and do business is essential to its health and prosperity. There is a vibrant economy and the district has a clear vision to promote economic growth.
To apply and for further information, go to www.horsham.gov.uk
Closing date: Monday 20 April 2015 midday
Interview Date: Tuesday 5 May 2015
Invitations to tender
There are currently no invitations to tender.