Park Mark® Safer Parking Scheme really works.
The British Crime Survey 2009/10 shows that vehicle-related thefts and vandalism are stable compared with 10% falls in police recorded crime for both offences against vehicles and criminal damage. A previous survey* states that 19% of vehicle crime takes place in car parks, 3% is in "work" car parks and 16% in "other" car parks. It makes commercial sense that anything you can do to reduce crime and make people feel safe in your parking area will benefit your operation.
Even if your facilities do not experience vehicle related crime, creating an environment where customers feel safe will ensure their repeat custom. Also, displaying a nationally recognised award will help to benchmark your parking facility.
* British Crime Survey 2004/05 published 2005.
Benefits of membership
- Demonstrating to your customers a commitment to creating a high quality parking facility that feels safe and has measures in place to reduce levels of crime
- The consultation services of our expert Area Managers who will work with you to bring your parking facilities to the required standard to achieve the Park Mark® Safer Parking Award
- The services of specialised Police Accredited Assessors that will come and assess your facility to ensure that it reaches Park Mark® Safer Parking Standards
- Belonging to a nationwide government backed scheme to reduce crime and improve public services
- Holding a prestigious award that benchmarks your parking facility as being one that has measures in place to reduce crime and the fear of crime
- Free listing of your parking facility on the Park Mark® website